Saturday 19 May 2012

WIne tasting Party






Yesterday, Saturday, I organised I wine tasting  for my host family and their friends. it was a big deal for them and one felt that a bit of prestige was riding on how it all turned out. In the end it was a noisy, riotous event.We tried 8 wines from four differnt countries and I cooked some things they probably hadn't seen before .We started at 2 and finished at 7.00 with soba noodles. There is a real thirst for knowledge about wine here.
 I cooked Gougeres, stuffed peppers and made some some bread and butter pickles which were a great hit with the chacouterie.

We even had a Ditters gourmet cake transported for the occasion from the Ditters shop in Rundle Mall.

1 comment:

  1. Looks perfect for your favourite veggie.
    what a great idea - you are a superlative host even when you're the guest LOL
    M :-)

    ReplyDelete